Sunday, April 17, 2011

Top 25 Restaurants in Pittsburgh: 3 Down

 You may remember that one of my New Years resolution's is to eat at all of the restaurants on this list and so far I have made it to three. Hopefully this will increase drastically since I can come out of hibernation since its spring.

    First Dan took me to Iovino's Cafe for Valentines Day.
I feel kinda weird taking pictures of my food if I think people are going to see me lol and this place was cozy so I don't have any. The food here was excellent! We had the Crab Cake as an appetizer. I had Pancetta Salad with baby arugula, toasted pancetta and pecans, Chianti poached pears, house made gorgonzola dressing. For my Entree I had Pan Seared Sea Scallops with linguini, spinach, shiitakes, sweet porcini cream sauce, apple and roasted pepper salsa. It was absolutely amazing but rich. Dan had a French Onion Soup and the Grilled Center Cut Rib Eye horseradish mashed potatoes, zucchini, crimini and pancetta hash, house made au jus. He ate it all so it was good!  We then enjoyed Key Lime Pie Gelato and Creme Brulee for dessert.  Would definitely go back here!

    A few weeks ago we went to Typhoon for a girls night out.
Their menu is pretty extensive and they even had a special of sea urchin that night! It was $18 and no one else was willing to try it with me so I passed!  They had a delicious drink menu, I had a Lychee Martini. They were rumored to have the best Pad Thai in Pittsburgh so I got that.  The rumors were true! Very good and unlike any other Pad Thai I have ever had. It is also probably the most expensive Pad Thai in Pittsburgh ha.  For $6 cheaper I enjoy the Thai Place's Pad Thai also.  The atmosphere was super modern and clean.  I would go back again to try different things also.

    One of my good friends Rachel graduated Grad school this week so we went to Dinette to celebrate! I was super excited because the chef there was a James Beard  Rising Star finalist for the last two years.  This place specializes in thin crusted pizzas. They  have beer cans for $1 too!  I started off with the Bibb Wedges salad with red onions, bacon, and a creamy gorgonzola dressing.  I could have eaten about 10 heads of lettuce with the dressing on it and the saltiness of the bacon was a perfect addition to the salad.  I got the Fingerling Potato Pizza. It wasnt what I expected it to be. I still ate the whole thing and it was good ha but I think next time I will get the Prosciutto Pizza instead.  Their menu changes daily so maybe something more delicious will pop out at me!


Anyway for the next reviews I'll try to take some pictures!

1 comment: