Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fiesta! Fiesta!






My friends will tell you I have two obsessions: nail polish and kitchen stuff. Oh we will get to the nail polish soon don't worry!
I am lucky enough to live rather close to the Fiestaware Outlet (Homer Laughlin China Co) and twice a year they have a "seconds" tent sale. Now this is serious business my friends, I'm talkin SURRIUS. They post the details about a month prior on their website, you get your ticket number at 7am and then line up again at 930 to actually be let in the sale. They let approximately 75 people in at once.
You can't just show up at 7am and get your ticket, oh no. We fiercely game planned this. We anticipated on leaving at 430am as it is about an hours drive. We ended up leaving at 5am and got there at 6am and you have to basically camp out. We brought tailgate chairs and blankets. We were WAY out done by the people who were first in line. They had an RV, tent, and cots and God knows what time they got there! We were numbers 89, 90 and 91 to be let in the sale which means we were in the second wave.
.


After we got our numbers we went out to eat and had some delish, but very bad for you diner food.

underneath all that gravy was 4 biscuts, eggs, and hashbrowns


We returned to the outlet and IT WAS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG ladies and gentlemen. Once they let you passed a certain point you have to wait in line by the tent and you can hear the plates clanging and it must be similar to what football players feel waiting to run out into the stadium, they can hear the crowd but can't see them.
as you can see there were lots of fashion disasters

You must bring your own dolly, and lots of people (myself included) wear socks on theirs hands so that you can wipe off the item to make sure its not really that jacked up.  Once you get inside the tent its every memaw, pepaw, bitchy gay (usually with me), cat lady, and awesome 25 year old blogger (me :P) for themselves.






To illustrate why it is worth getting up this early and fighting the crowd, these are the deals I got:

1 Tea Cup: Original Price: $7.50,  Tent Sale Price: $1.25

2 Large Utensil Crock: Original Price: $50.00 per crock,  Tent Sale Price $4.75 per crock

2 Loaf Pans: Original Price: $43.00 per pan,  Tent Sale Price $15.00 per pan
1 Large Oval Platter: Original Price $32.00,  Tent Sale Price $3.15

1 Pie Baker: Original Price $25.00, Tent Sale Price $3.70
  
1 Quart Serving Bowl: Orignal Price $25.00, Tent Sale Price  $2.50

I'd like to note that I was not alone in my craziness; my FRG leader and buddy V joined me, as well as Fooding with Emily (I also stole some of her photos :P)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! You got some amazing deals! I wish we had something like that here! Lucky!

    I have an award for you here on my blog! :)

    -Staci
    The Crafty Military Wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a mean plate of diner food to get us fueled for hip checking memaws and pepaws. :)

    ReplyDelete