Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day: A Baking Under the Influence Edition

Emily and I wanted to make a treat for Valentine's Day and check out how working with fondant would be.

Emily spotted this idea from Sweetapolita.We kindaaa cheated a bit and bought sugar cookie dough and icing becasue we were short on time but let me tell you the results were delish!

Here is what you will need:
Sugar cookie dough
Cookie Cutters
Icing
Fondant
Food coloring gel
Rubber stamp

Cut out the sugar cookies into whatever shape you desire. Bake them and let them cool.  Prepare the fondant, let me explain- ours was rock hard and had microwave instructions on the tub it came in.  We warmed ours up and it softened.  We kneaded pink food coloring gel into it and rolled it out into 1/8th inch thickness. We cut out the heart shapes and used a small bit of icing on each cookie to adhere the fondant to each cookie.  Once assembled we stamped the cookies with the rubber stamp to create the script effect.






We drank Pink Flamingo red wine which I cant find a picture of for some reason!

Anyway I hope you all have a great V-Day :)


3 comments:

  1. Cute cookies. Sounds like a great way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I would've eaten too many while I was baking. The stamping is a nice touch. Very chic!
    I'm glad I found your blog...just stumbled upon it.
    Keri@GlamorousArmy
    http://theglamourouslifeofanarmywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.adegga.com/static/userimages/cc/9b/7d/200x200_cc9b7d6b93c0419e7cb1129aa47184f7.jpg

    Flamingo Syrah! :)

    Can't wait for the next BUI!

    ReplyDelete